- Improved overall
- Works (lol)
- Can now decide the scale of the asteroid from the inspector
- Clearing and generating the field are separate and can be done independently
- Option to hide the asteroids in hierarchy (default = true)
- Ship controller
- Ships now have a handle above them when clicked allows the player controller to seamlessly change between them, much easier than dragging the ship into the inspector of the currently controlled ship
- Game Manager
- You can now select a ship to spawn and a position for the player from the inspector and give it its Loadout
- Debug function allows for spawning a lot of ships at once.
- I profiled the scene after spawning a lot of ships and physics was the big thing hindering performance so I took a look at the ship physics script and found that AddForce was being called no matter if any throttle/strafe or other inputs were being applied, that was addressed so that the AddForce method is not called if there is no such input, this gave a significant performance increase.
- More Ships!
- Got some more free ships to see how they look in the scene and they look pretty good!
Get Project Lonestar
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.